Sunday, May 24, 2009

Are $1.00 Flip Flops Really Worth THIS??

Yesterday, Old Navy had a promotion for $1.00 flip flops. So, I decided to check it out and maybe get a few colors. I mean, for a buck, what the hell. When I walk up to the store, I see a bunch of signs that say "$1.00 flip flops-ONLY 5 per person". I didn't think much of the sign, until I got inside. It was WORSE than the Christmas crowds I usually see. I thought to myself, 'man, this promotion really drags the people in'. So then I look around at a few of the clothes in the front, and then try to go find the flip flops. As I look to the back of the store, I see a massive crowd of people closing in around this 8 foot tall cart LOADED with boxes of flip flops, in an area with bare walls (which is where the other flip flops had been stripped from). When the workers started opening the boxes it was like bees to honey! I could NOT get over how many people were going nuts for these things! I was like, 'screw it, flip flops are not THAT important, and this deal is not THAT great'. All of this was for a pair of $1.00 flip flops that are usually STILL only $2.50. It's not like they are Steve Madden's for 10 bucks or something, SERIOUSLY! But, it gets better...Later, after all the boxes were empty again (or at least all the colors were empty, the only ones left were brown, black and white flips, which I picked up after the crowd had their way with the workers), I see a family of about 6 women, from 3 different generations crowded around a shelfing unit of tees. They had about 20 flip flops between them, and they were making sure each of them only had 5....the grandma was in a wheelchair. Really? You had to drag granny out to get 5 extra flip flops? Totally crazy!

3 comments:

  1. All to save $1.50 on some flip flops! Craziness! Thanks for finally posting!!! Loved them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are crazy! I would have been like you not worth it. All though it woulda been pretty damn funny for you to throw your back into and be like bitch u better back up and granny i can take your ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell no it wasnt lube! I was a coco butter oil i put on after shaving! but lube woulda made for a funnier story

    ReplyDelete