Sunday, May 24, 2009

Poop Poop

I have been meaning to blog about this for about a week now, so I finally have the time to do that...Last Saturday, I was getting Jorie and I ready to hit the road and head back to my hometown for a weekend full of fun family stuff. James wasn't home because he had reserves. I had to get up pretty early to get a head start on getting myself ready and finish packing. After Jorie woke up, I fed her breakfast and gave her a bath. Since I still had to finish my hair, after I got done with her bath, I left her in there to play. So we were both in the bathroom, she was splashing away and I was straightening my hair. I would glance over at her every now and then, and she would smile and laugh. Then after a little while, she stops splashing, looks at me and says "poop poop?". Mind you, we have not started potty training yet. She has told me before when she's already pooped, but this time I thought she was just saying words just to say them. So, I looked at her and said, "do you have to poop?". She says, "no". And, since my hair was being annoying, I guess I decided to take a 19 month old's word for it. Mistake numero uno. I went back to my hair and kept up what I was doing. Then, a minute or two later she says, "poop poop?". So, I looked at her again and said, "Jorie, do you have to poop poop?" She says, "no". I said, "are you sure? Do you want to go on the potty? Do you want to go poop poop on the toilet?" Again, she replies, "no". All the while, I'm thinking, 'I'm probably going to regret this...but then again, she hasn't pooped in the tub-ever, so why would she now?'. And, I go back to my hair again. Mistake numero dos. Then, all of sudden I hear this blood-curdling scream coming from Jorie. I thought the girl was dying. I look over and all I see is a brown cloud coming up from between Jorie's legs. She is petrified of this "brown cloud" and is about to come unglued. She is shaking and screaming, and I am DYING LAUGHING!! I know it's probably wrong to think that your child pooping on themselves is funny, but it was freakin' hilarious. I tried to explain to her through my hysterical laughing that this is just her poop (and not some brown monster coming to get her), and that it's okay. She wasn't buying it. She couldn't figure out how to get away from this brown cloud, and just kept screaming and shaking. So, when I got her out of the tub, she finally calmed down but was still pretty shook up. Meanwhile, in the tub waiting for me was a large, thick "peanut butter smear" of poop, along with several other small balls floating around. I know it's gross, and Jorie's probably traumatized now, but it was so hilarious!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay so this was just as funny reading it as is was when you told me.

    ReplyDelete